China Medical University
- The China Medical University (CMU) has been teaching medicine in English medium since 1978.
- It is situated in Shenyang, the largest metropolis in north-eastern China.
- The MBBS (bilingual teaching in Japanese and Chinese) programs has been listed by WHO’s World Directory and it has reached a leading level in China and won high international reputations.
- It is recognized by the Medical council of India (MCI).
- CMU has 3 large and modern affiliated hospitals, where students can do internship in the final year. The Shengjing Hospital is famous for its gynecology and obstetrics.
- It is rated among the top ten medical schools in China and has a history that goes back some 80 years.
- It was among the first batch of Chinese medical schools approved by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to enrol international students. More so, it features among those select universities certified by MOE to teach medicine in English for international students.
- At present, CMU has over 400 international students from across the world, including India, USA, Japan, Republic of Korea, Africa and Europe.
- WHO recognizes CMU, and the graduates of MBBS program are qualified to participate in the Medical Licensing Examinations held worldwide. Such students can appear in exams conducted by medical councils in various nations.
- Its clinical medicine ranks 8th in China, and it also has 2 state research bases, 1 MOE key laboratory, 1 state key laboratory cultivation base. The medical infrastructure and facilities are the best in the world here.
- The staff team has a total of 7,630 heads, with 6,126 professionals, 448 senior professionals, 676 associate senior professionals, 205 doctoral tutors, 562 master tutors, and 1 academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering.