Kazakh National Medical University
- KazNMU or Kazakh National Medical University is located in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- It was established in the year 1931 by S.D. Asfendiyarov as its first Rector.
- In 2001, Government classified it as a ‘National University’. KazNMU is no.1 Medical institute in Kazakhstan.
- KazNMU is a School of Medicine, known for their high quality and relevance of educational programs, preparing the next generation of public health leaders, competitive and sought after all over the world.
- KazNMU took 3rd place in the international rating of ARES-2015 among the Kazakhstan higher education institutions
- KazNMU is recognised by the Medical council of India(MCI)
- It is successful in providing a safe and friendly environment for the students coming from different parts of the globe.
- There are more than 11,000 students, many PhD students study at KazNMU, and there are more than 1500 faculty members working at KazNMU, including more than 200 doctors of science, 130 professors, more than 500 candidates of science and 15-laureates of State prizes.
- KazNMU is a powerful scientific educational complex, including 7 educational buildings, a centre for practical skills, testing centre with 8 computer studies (102 computers), a library (6 reading halls, book fund accounts: 1065263 copies, electronic library, internet study with 120 places). Besides the Republican scientific medical library and 2 anatomical museums function on the base of the university.
- It is a non-profit public higher education institute.
- The program of information system development is being implemented in the University.
- In 2011 University has purchased 1000 net books and distributed them to outstanding students, free of charge.
- Visiting professors are being involved into educational process. Recruiting department is now working within the University.
- KAISA (Kazakh and Indian students association), a student association Association formed by Neo Group, for bringing Indian students on one platform as well as for their safety.
- One of the priorities in KazNMU named after SD Asfendiyarov is to develop practical skills and communicative competence of university graduates. For this purpose, the university has opened modern Centre of Practical Skills (CPS).
The CPS consists of the following units:
- Medical Simulation Centre
- OSCE Centre (an independent assessment of the knowledge and skills)
- Department of Instrumental and Functional Diagnosis
- Emergency Medicine Centre
- Communication Skills Centre
- Pharmaceutical skills Centre
- Dental Skills Centre