Zaporozhye State Medical University
- Zaporozhye State Medical University – a modern, multidisciplinary higher education institution of the 4th level of accreditation with the right of independent management.
- Its history stems from the Higher Courses for Women, organized in Odessa in 1903.
- In 1959, the school moved from Odessa to Zaporizhia and renamed Zaporizhzhya Pharmaceutical Institute, and in 1969 – in Zaporozhye Medical Institute.
- In 1994, it received the status of National Medical University IV level of accreditation.
- ZSMU is also officially recognised by the Medical council of India(MCI)
- The system of training at Zaporozhye State Medical University includes the premedical, medical and post-diploma period of training.
- For staffing, University is in the top three public health institutions as of October 13. As of 2016, the University has 722 teachers, including 123 doctors and professors and 444 associate professors and candidates of sciences.
- Annually all the students irrespective of their health have compulsory preventive check-ups and examinations and sick students receive treatment both at the polyclinic and in the best clinics of the city.
- The consultative assistance is provided by the leading medical specialists of the Regional Clinical Hospital. All students get a regular complex of preventive inoculations.
- At the preparatory department for foreign citizens, medical department, pharmaceutical department and also at the stage of post-diploma training more than 5000 thousand students, interns, holders of a master’s degree, members of a course, members of clinical studies, post-graduate students, persons working for a Doctor’s degree, among them 500 foreign citizens, are being trained.
- There is a students’ club at the university. Different circles of amateur activities for those who like to play musical instruments, sing and dance work there. There is a team of "Jolly and Quick-witted Club" which take part in the Ukrainian games of "JQC". Every year many festivals and concerts are held at the university.
- ZAISA (Zaporozhye alumni and Indian students association), a student association formed by Neo Group, for bringing Indian students on one platform as well as for their safety.